Pomegranate for Heart, Brain and Prostate
In scientific studies pomegranate juice has demonstrated remarkable health effects in humans, especially regarding the heart, brain and prostate. The special phytochemicals of the pomegranate, called “polyphenols”, account for these valuable health effects. They balance the immune system and strengthen the antioxidant protective systems of humans.
Dr. Jacob’s Pomegranate Elixir
Six years ago the first pomegranate product rich in active phytochemicals was brought onto the market in Germany: the pomegranate elixir of Dr. Jacob’s Medical. Well known as a paradisiacal elixir of life it is unique to this day. Especially gentle production procedures and the live fermentation provide for a high concentration and bioactivity of the antioxidant protective substances. Development, production and fermentation are carried out in Germany.
Each bottle of Dr. Jacob’s pomegranate elixir contains the juice and pulp of about 50 sun-ripened pomegranates – freshly pressed, gently concentrated and enriched with bioactive, live fermented pomegranate antioxidants. 1 litre of Dr. Jacob’s pomegranate elixir contains on average as many of these polyphenol antioxidants as 36 litres of fresh pomegranate juice or 21 litres of pomegranate juice from concentrate.
Patented: With live fermentation according to Dr. Jacob´s EC-Patent
Practical: 50 servings for 25 to 50 days pure or mixed with drinks or food.
Paradisical: Healthy and tasty
Good value: Thanks to the extremely high concentration of phytochemicals it is more cost-effective than pomegranate juices.
More safety: certified and controlled in quality and content
A high quality is ensured by regular tests of polyphenolic content, antioxidant capacity as well as very stringent residue checks for pesticides. Therefore the Öko-Control certificate was awarded.
Ingredients: pomegranate (97% juice and pulp concentrate; partly live fermented), natural flavor (vanilla extract), pectin, spices (0.1%).
Total phenols according to Folin-Ciocalteu as catechin equivalent
(same method as in largest published analysis of pomegranate juices
- Fresh pomegranate juice median: 1,409 mg/l (2)
- juices from concentrate median: 2.288 mg/l (2)
- Dr. Jacob’s Pomegranate Elixir: approx. 50.000 mg/l (1)
Download laboratory test analyses: pomegranate-analyses-2011-11
Total phenols according to Folin-Ciocalteu as gallic acid equivalent:
Dr. Jacob’s Pomegranate Elixir : above 30.000 mg/l (1)
In the US studies daily one glass of juice with 570 mg polyphenols measured according to Folin-Ciocalteu als gallic acid equivalent was used.
TEAC (antioxidative capacity): Pomegranate Elixir: 489 mmol/l (GfL, 16.03.2010, batch 160) to TEAC 526 mmol/l (GfL, 23.04.2010, batch 172)
(1) Average of multiple analyses by accredited German food laboratories, e.g. last Eurofins, batch 171, 06.05.2010: 35 g/l total phenols Folin-Ciocalteu method as gallic acid equivalent, 60 g/l total phenols Folin-Ciocalteu method as catechin equivalent; TEAC 526 mmol/l (GfL, 23.04.2010, batch 172), 60 g/l total phenols Folin-Ciocalteu method as catechin equivalent. Eurofins, Charge 219, 15.02.2011: 38 g/ total phenols Folin-Ciocalteu method as gallic acid equivalent, 64 g/l total phenols Folin-Ciocalteu method as catechin equivalent; GfL, 17.02.2011: TEAC 527 mmol/l, 43 g/l total phenols Folin-Ciocalteu method as gallic acid equivalent. Eurofins batch G230, 29.04.2011: 36 g/l total phenols Folin-Ciocalteu method as catechin equivalent, 6,2 g/l /l total phenols Folin-Ciocalteu method as gallic acid equivalent.
(2) Fischer-Zorn M., Ara V. (2007) Granatapfelsaft – Chemische Zusammensetzung und mögliche Verfälschungen. Flüssiges Obst 08:386-393.
(3) Gil MI, Tomas-Barberan FA, Hess-Pierce B, Holcroft DM, Kader AA. (2000) Antioxidant activity of pomegranate juice and its relationship with phenolic composition and processing. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 48: 4581–4589.